Hello Guest

Audi 1.8 turbo powered sidekick. PICTURES...!!!!!!!

• 330 Replies

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Two more?  I so that you can drop one in mine when your done?  :D
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline Jluck

got the front permanently located tonight (thanks utahskibum) also got the tranny on the engine for good this time I hope.

FWIW; the front diff ended up 1.5" lower than stock.

sorry I just had to add the audi. (this is the one my motor came out of) JK :laugh:
life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do about it!

Where are you located?  I'm in SoCal, and all the good fab shops are backed up horribly.  btw, I also own a Passat w/1.8T engine.  They're great and will last a long time if you use the right fluids and change them as directed.  You can get great turbo upgrade kits to get up to 350HP w/o changing ingine internals.  Going over that starts requiring bottom end work.  And, because they're turbo u'gs, you can still get good gas mileage if you keep your foot out of it, although that's not why you do them ;-)  www.goapr.com for one nice kit (inconel manifold!!), GIAC and others if you search.  My desired 'zuki mods are so far limited to simply getting a good exhaust to replace the log manifolds.  Custom fab in SS to last, but as I said, all the good shops are too backed up.
Looking forward to seeing this done up!!

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
If you can get 350 safe reliable HP out of one of those, damn what a great little engine. I'd be happier than a pig in shit if I had 200!
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline Jluck

These motors have been known to crack 800 hp. (crazy) but 300 is ez to achieve with 'em with stock internals like the other post said. That's German engineering!

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
Suhweeeeet!
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline Jluck

got my oil pan today....yeeee haaaaa.... this is a hybrid oil pan from eBay.(the steel will be easier for me to work) didn't know what to expect in the quality department but too my suprise there was a oem stamp that was covered up, and for 1/3 the dealer price! ;D

here's a pic of my seats too. (my walls are not near as ugly as photo portrays)

Offline jawman

I saw the 1.9 vw on CL and was wondering how you could give it away at that price after all you put into doing it. I have never been around a 1.9 vw, but I was talking to a guy that had one in his sami and said it was an excelent setup loads of power and great fuel economy. how much more power does the audi have? Ialso  notice you are the only one that paints anything. I always debate the fact to paint or just leave the aluminum look. what paint do you use? how do you prep it before painting? I see some people paint there transmissions and then the paint starts flaking off. I am thinking full bright lime green on motor trans and tcase for my sami.
Zuki addict. I have five zuks right now and not even thinking about stopping.
87 Sami tin top
91 4 door SOLD
93 4 door
95 4 door
95 Geo 2dr V6
keep them coming

Offline djlantis57

• Take your chrome home
got my oil pan today....yeeee haaaaa.... this is a hybrid oil pan from eBay.(the steel will be easier for me to work) didn't know what to expect in the quality department but too my suprise there was a oem stamp that was covered up, and for 1/3 the dealer price! ;D

here's a pic of my seats too. (my walls are not near as ugly as photo portrays)

Nice rack!  >:D
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things.  Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.
90 Tracker LSi 2dr tintop 5spd: slow toy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 08 Pontiac G8 GT: fast toy
90 Tracker LSi 2dr 5spd: SOLD.......95 Tracker 2dr 5spd: parts..........90 Sidekick JX 5spd: HI, my name's DJ and I have an addiction.........93 Tracker 2dr 2wd 5spd: PS donor/poss. 4x4 swap from 95 parts

Offline Jluck

I saw the 1.9 vw on CL and was wondering how you could give it away at that price after all you put into doing it. I have never been around a 1.9 vw, but I was talking to a guy that had one in his sami and said it was an excelent setup loads of power and great fuel economy. how much more power does the audi have? Ialso  notice you are the only one that paints anything. I always debate the fact to paint or just leave the aluminum look. what paint do you use? how do you prep it before painting? I see some people paint there transmissions and then the paint starts flaking off. I am thinking full bright lime green on motor trans and tcase for my sami.

without proper prep work a paint job is worthless.CLEAN,CLEAN,CLEAN and repeat. I paint most everything due to the caustic cleaners used by everybody (including self) that cause raw aluminum to corrode I also live pretty close to the pacific ocean...so kind of a double whammy.

I love the raw/blasted aluminum look it just doesn't last for me.and when I dont want to get out the paint guns (most of the time) I only use rustoleum brand or duplicolor. BTW KRYLON IS JUNK as of the last few years.

when I turn the key on the audi I will be in the 220-250 hp range. under 5 second 0-60 I hope  >:D

Offline Jluck

well.....I put in another drain plug 'cuz the other one was wright over the diff, Oil pan on,engine IN!!!!  this was is point where I jump around the shop playing the air guitar!!! :laugh: HELL YEA it feels good and the oil pan clears perfectly (all those measurements payed off this time) I went ahead a put the t/case on too, now its time for lunch ;)

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Plenty of room!

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline jawman

looks sweet. i wish i had money to burn so I could get some crazy ideas in my projects.
87 Sami tin top
91 4 door SOLD
93 4 door
95 4 door
95 Geo 2dr V6
keep them coming

Offline BRD HNTR

Your clearance is comparable to mine.  With the turbo, what are you running for exhaust I muffler?
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline jawman

I wish I had money to LIVE :)
87 Sami tin top
91 4 door SOLD
93 4 door
95 4 door
95 Geo 2dr V6
keep them coming