Hello Guest

Tube bumper interest?

• 32 Replies

Offline MUD CHILD

Tube bumper interest?
« on: August 09, 2010, 12:13:20 PM »
I have received some interested in building some tube style bumpers for the 2nd gen Trackers and Vitaras. Before we proceed in designing and building the bumpers I need know there is enough interest to make it worth our while. I will offer the front bumper with a receiver or a solid mount for a winch. Bumpers will be made from 1 3/4" .120 wall tubing and tig welded. Prices will be as follows front bumper with winch mount $365, front with receiver mount $350 rear bumper $350.*Prices are in Canadian dollars* Prices may change slightly, possibly more or less but I won't know until we actually make the first set. If I can get 5 orders we will proceed with making them. If you have any questions post them here or e-mail me at SRCUSTOMS|removethispart|@shaw.ca   

Here are a couple pictures of some bumpers we made for a customer with a 1st gen Tracker. The bumpers would be the same style as these.

NO DITCH TO DEEP NO HILL TO STEEP

http://srcustoms.ca/

Offline samuraidan

• speak softly, and carry a big stick
    • City Ranger
Re: Tube bumper interest?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 01:21:20 PM »
I'm guessing paint is not included in this price? Would it be available?
'00 Vitara 2.0L 5spd w/ Jeff's lift, SR Customs body lift, 5.13's, rear locker, SR Customs steel pinion collar, 1.25" wheel spacers, 15x7, 31x10.5R15 Dynapro MT's.

Offline MUD CHILD

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 01:46:41 PM »
I'm guessing paint is not included in this price? Would it be available?

I can have the bumpers powder coated, I'm currently working out the pricing on that.

Offline 97TRAKIN

• Suzuki in Chevy clothing.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 04:31:39 AM »
I used the currency converter and it came out to CAN$350.00=US$338.65. I'm a happy camper  :) .

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 10:31:42 PM »
I'm very interested! I bought a '99 Chev 2 door 5 speed last month and have been fixing it up. I found this great site and have been reading up on the 2nd gen Trackers. This is my first post and want to thank all the knowledgeable folks on here. I was just searching for an aftermarket front bumper cuz my bumper cover is shot, and here is a fine possibility! Please list a quote with powder coat and shipped to 98275. The truck ony has 37k but the one problem I found is she sure likes to grind the gears especially on a downshift. I guess a tranny rebuild is in order at some point.
Dave

Offline 97TRAKIN

• Suzuki in Chevy clothing.
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 11:49:31 AM »
The truck ony has 37k but the one problem I found is she sure likes to grind the gears especially on a downshift. I guess a tranny rebuild is in order at some point.
Dave
Try a transmission fluid change and make sure to use full synthetic.
My "97 used to grind up and down till I drained the fluid and put in what the book called for, "Full Synthetic".

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 01:16:54 PM »
I did see that rec and I changed the fluid with Mobil 1 75W-90. No help. Thanks for the reply tho. I don't want to hyjack this thread so I'll post another for any other recs.

Offline 99lifted

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 07:56:26 PM »
you know i want 1 of each, front with winch mount and rear with reciever. no powdercoat on mine, shoot me a shipping quote to 60110 USA business address with a loading dock, if its to high then maybe i can weld them together myself as i said in the other thread.
1999 2Dr vitara mods on the way

Offline MUD CHILD

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 01:06:49 PM »
Before I start getting quotes for shipping, I just want to make sure there is enough people interested in an aftermarket bumper. If there is I will find the best way to ship these where the cost won't be ridiculous.

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 02:56:02 PM »
we are from manitoba, would be interested in a set for my 2000 vitara, would like to now shipping cost first before i commit to it.     cddyck|removethispart|@mts.net

Offline MUD CHILD

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 09:51:37 PM »
we are from manitoba, would be interested in a set for my 2000 vitara, would like to now shipping cost first before i commit to it.     cddyck|removethispart||removethispart|@mts.net

E-mail sent

Any more interest in these?

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 03:54:23 AM »
I'd buy a set.
Winch mount front and hitch rear.

Would there be a loop to protect the winch like the G1 Track/Kicks with this style bumper?
`00 2D 2.0L Auto Tracker, Jeff1997's 2" Coil Lift, Mudchild's 2" Body Lift and 31x10.5R15 General Grabber Competition Tires

Offline MUD CHILD

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 09:46:05 AM »
I'd buy a set.
Winch mount front and hitch rear.

Would there be a loop to protect the winch like the G1 Track/Kicks with this style bumper?

I didn't plan on putting one on, but I could add one to your for a few extra $$$

Offline samuraidan

• speak softly, and carry a big stick
    • City Ranger
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 11:15:50 AM »
So MUD CHILD, have you made a decision about the bumpers? Are you going to make some prototypes?
'00 Vitara 2.0L 5spd w/ Jeff's lift, SR Customs body lift, 5.13's, rear locker, SR Customs steel pinion collar, 1.25" wheel spacers, 15x7, 31x10.5R15 Dynapro MT's.

Offline MUD CHILD

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 12:06:08 PM »
So MUD CHILD, have you made a decision about the bumpers? Are you going to make some prototypes?

I'm still on the fence with it, let me explain. In order for me to make these bumpers at this cost I need to make 10 sets. Reason being is that I will get a better price on the tubing when I buy in a in a larger quantity. Next thing is it's much faster for me to bend up a bunch at once, rather than doing it one or two at a time. I would really like to make these (and so does my wife she wants a set too) but with out knowing that there are enough people interested in them I'm not sure I want to put out all the time in designing them and the money to build them and not be able to sell them.  So please bear with me while I think this over and try and find a few more people to commit to buying them.

Anyone that is SERIOUS in buying a front or rear or both please send me an e-mail to SRCUSTOMS|removethispart|@shaw.ca and I will get you you a shipping quote.