Hello Guest

New Trackick Rear Bumper

• 9 Replies

Offline skitime

New Trackick Rear Bumper
« on: January 02, 2009, 09:02:25 AM »
I am in the final phases of creating a new rear bumper for my Tracker. There were no rear bumpers that suited me. It incorporates a rear Warn m8000 lb winch, rear fog lights for backup lights, rear protection for the spare tire/back door and a 2 inch receiver.  Full size mock-up had been made and fitted.  It has adjustable mounts so it can be adapted to no lift, 2" Lift or 3" lift.  It will be CNC plasma cut from my CAD drawings then folded and assembled by welding. The bumper basically fits in the dimensions of the factory bumper even with the winch except for the bar.  I used the style lines and bar size of my Shrockworks front bumper so it would match that bumper. I kept begging Shrockworks to build a Tracker rear bumper but my last email said they will not build one.

The rear door protection was incorporated because I am often wheeling in woods and hills.  Backing into a tree stump or rolling back down a hill into a tree could cave in the rear door and blowing out my rear hardtop window.  Someone behind you might roll into you on the trail and again without the protection cave in your door. Someone could actually push you from behind with this bar.  Basically without the bar your spare tire becomes the bumper. It will not affect approach or departure angles.  I probably will mount a D-ring with 1/2 steel plate to the bumper under the center support but have not done that yet in my CAD drawing.  The rear door protection bar is only sticking out 4" which is 1/2" further than the 31" tire and also could protect a jerry can on the rear door as well.

I am installing a rear winch to increase recovery possibilities.  3 out of the 4 times I needed winched was from behind.  My front winch was not much use in the picture below.  WIth a rear bumper I can help stuck buddies on a tight trail without turning around. If no winch is installed you would have 28x7x7 space for a large air tank.

The 2 inch receiver has safety chain holes in the bumper surface rather than a separate plate so there is not a safety chain plate to catch rocks on like most recievers. 

Let me know what you think.  Not too late to make changes.

Offline 90camozuki

• Go Hard or Go Home!!
Re: New Trackick Rear Bumper
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 02:01:50 PM »
  :) That looks awesome. Are you making them for everyone or just yourself?? I am interested in one for sure. let me know
1997 Jeep Cherokee 2" lift,  31s, snorkel, arb bumper, roof rack, piaa lights, soon to be 4.5" super flex lift.
1973 Dodge Charger, fully restored, banana yellow...
2001 Dodge Ram 2500...work truck...
2006 Honda Pilot...wifes ride...
1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT....Gas saver.......

Offline machz

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 02:30:42 PM »
now thats a wicked bumper..  really looks good !!

Offline skitime

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 02:44:58 PM »
  :) That looks awesome. Are you making them for everyone or just yourself?? I am interested in one for sure. let me know

I have to get the first one manufactured before I know final costs. If feasible I would consider having more made. 

I also made a prototype without the winch. It has  a sloping center section and is slightly less deep.  Sort of a minimalist type bumper.  After the mounting system was designed I can make them to just about any special design.  I don't have a 4 door Tracker to workout one for them.

Offline idaholwb

• And that's the way the metal crumpled!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 07:10:33 PM »
 I was going to ask if you would make one for a 4 door with a tire carrier. I just bought a 97 4 door.
97 Sport
265/70-16s
2" lift
2.0 swap
I know...Pretty boring... FOR NOW...

Offline skitime

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 08:53:19 PM »
I would need to get my hands on a four door for a while to build one. 

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 09:10:05 PM »
That bumper looks sweet.  Let me know what you would charge to make me one.  I am in the market for one, and like you no rear bumper out suited my needs.

Offline skitime

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 10:33:32 AM »
That bumper looks sweet.  Let me know what you would charge to make me one.  I am in the market for one, and like you no rear bumper out suited my needs.

I am soon going to have the first one built.  If you are seriious about buying one of these bumpers, I will inquire about multiple bumpers being made.  I would think it would keep the cost down.

Offline 90camozuki

• Go Hard or Go Home!!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 09:43:15 PM »
I am def interested, just without the hole for the winch. i got one that goes on a portable plate. so i can use the 2" reciever hitch. let me know a cost for sure. thanks
1997 Jeep Cherokee 2" lift,  31s, snorkel, arb bumper, roof rack, piaa lights, soon to be 4.5" super flex lift.
1973 Dodge Charger, fully restored, banana yellow...
2001 Dodge Ram 2500...work truck...
2006 Honda Pilot...wifes ride...
1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GT....Gas saver.......

Offline 91zukisas

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 07:50:42 PM »
I would be interested as well, you got a front bumper to match?
91 2door Sidekick yota Axels  SAS Kit, header and custom intake, etc
04 Kia Sorrento, Limited slip, 31X10.50 2" lift
89 Sammy Tintop-new project :D
95 TSI, EVO 3 16g turbo swap, front mount, 20lbs boost