Hello Guest

1.6 swap electrical

• 1 Replies

1.6 swap electrical
« on: December 16, 2008, 04:18:07 PM »
Hey guys, new here. Im swapping a complete 90 1.6 powertrain into my 87 sammi axles n all. The wirings killing me! I want to run the fuel injection otherwise I would just plug into the old harness.Has anybody made their own harness out there? I wired up everything exactly by the diagram and not pulse to my ignition coil. The engine ran great when I removed it.Any help appreciated with the ignition side. A simple bare bones diagrams of ecm in and outs and ignitions ins and outs would be awesome!

Offline Spitfire Rick

• fun lovin criminal
Re: 1.6 swap electrical
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 07:08:13 PM »
 ive done several  1.6 swaps both TBI  & MFI and taken the stock harness from a tracker I leave the engine part of the harness alone and basically you leave wires between ecm & engine intact and remove any wires that dont go to fuel pump or power  /ground you basically end up with a couple hot at all times an acouple hot in start & run Ive just used a chiltons manual wiring diagram and matched the ecm pin #s in the drivability &emissions system section to double check & use the vehicle  starter system and charging system
If I have to understand don't bother explaining