Hello Guest

Best mud and street tire?

• 25 Replies

Offline Tripower389

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Re: Best mud and street tire?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 10:19:20 AM »
Have you Considered the Interco Truxsus ?

Check them out here, http://www.intercotire.com/site35.php I plan on running them on my zook just saving up the cash,

- jason

Offline Quaddawg

• Flex and Ground Clearance is HIGHLY overrated!!
    • My Ebay Store
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 10:31:20 AM »
I would like to hear a report onthe TRXUS, or whatever they call them.. cause they look like a pretty good all around tire.

1996 Tracker Daily Driver, "The Flea"

Clicke HERE for Specs and Pics[/url]

Offline Jeremiah

• Viva La ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 10:55:47 AM »
Have you Considered the Interco Truxsus ?

Check them out here, http://www.intercotire.com/site35.php I plan on running them on my zook just saving up the cash,

- jason

My friend just lifted his Tacoma, and put some 33" of this tire on. We went wheeling / target shooting the other day...

I was REALLY impressed with these tires. They're about the quietest offroad tire I've ever heard. There's still a hum at freeway speeds, but not as bad I would have thought - especially for as agressive of a tread pattern they have.

They gripped really well (my friend was testing out his new lift / tire setup, so we got in some pretty gnarly stuff). We didn't get a chance to play in much mud, but they performed really well on / off trail. Never had the need to air down or anything... yet...

I forgot how much he paid, but seemed pretty resonable for a brand new tire.
'96 4 door kick: 29" Pep-Boys M/T, 1.5" OME
'83 SJ410: 31" Toyo M/T, SPOA, 1.3L
'08 Yamaha FZ6

Offline bzzr2

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 10:58:49 AM »
a few guys i wheel with on occasion have the interco truxsus on their jeeps in 33's and are very happy with them all around, most were comparing them to running goodyear mtr before the interco's..  nice looking tire, i wish they had them in 31x9.5!
03-ZR2, 2dr, 31x10.5 SSR's & stuff...--sold :-(
03 xl7, jeff's 2inch spacer lift, 225/75/16's; sold
09 taco reg cab short box 4x4

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 05:37:33 PM »
I've got the TrXus MT's on my Ranger in 255/85R16 (33x10.5ishR16) flavor.  I've had them on for about 18,000 miles and always with an iffy alignment (yeah...I gotta fix some stuff... :P ).   If I keep running them long enough I'll easily see double that out of them...very easily.  Onroad they are EXCELLENT tires.  I am a big fan of mud tires for daily drivers and won't own AT's (mall terrains).  In the winter I used to have my mud terrains siped and had good results with that...I even own a siping knife and was ready to sipe the center lugs on the TrXus more than they already are.  Well, they've gone through two northern Michigan winters and I haven't felt the need to sipe them yet.  They stick to the road and grip, grip, grip.  I love them onroad.  How a wider size would differ, I can't say.

Offroad I've had great luck with them as well.  In loose soil and mud they grab and go.  They will gum up in sticky mud but no more so than other radial muds short of a TSL Radial.  I've been very busy the last three years with college and work and haven't wheeled as much as I used to but you know what, they haven't let me down offroad...except for in sand. :P
Again, mine are kinda narrow, my Ranger weighs in around 4250lbs on the hoof, and has axle wrap issues so your results may vary but last summer I nearly had to be towed out of a sand bowl with them.  After airing down to under 15psi I was able to get out and take a bipass up a sand hill that other Rangers/Bronco II's on all sorts of sizes and treads went right up with no airing down.  The TrXus MT's just wanted to dig, dig, dig, and dig some more in the soft sand.  Would a 33x12.5R16 have done that?  I dunno, haven't owned a set that wide.

My next tire on the Ranger will likely be some 33x12.5-15 TSL bias as I only drive it once a week usually and am seeking a more offroad oriented tire.  Would I buy them again?  Lemme put it this way:
-if they made a set under 31x10.5R15 there'd be a set on the Grand Vitara right now and if I end up buying a new set of tires for the Tracker chances are at least 90% it'll be the TrXus MT's in 31x10.5R15. 8)

How's that Quaddawg?

Offline CodeBlue

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 10:31:54 PM »
Anyone run Buckshots? I hear they are pretty loud on the streets but great offroad.

Offline Quaddawg

• Flex and Ground Clearance is HIGHLY overrated!!
    • My Ebay Store
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 04:58:44 PM »
Thanks Blazer!!

I ran Buckshots and loved them off road, remember though, I ALWAYS air down off road, I ran the Buckshots at 10-13 psi if I remember right.

I didn't think they were loud on road, but then again, I don't think my LTB's are loud on road.. I might be a little deaf.
1996 Tracker Daily Driver, "The Flea"

Clicke HERE for Specs and Pics[/url]

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 06:38:28 PM »
Eh, some people are just hyper senstive when it comes to tire noise.  I read a post on TheRangerStation.com recently where a guy was complaining about the noise of his 31" BFG AT's... ::)

Offline pcguy

• 1996 Tracker 4x4
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 07:44:30 PM »
The amount of noise a tire generates is highly dependent upon the road surfaces you drive on. Here in Florida, there are a lot of very rough finish concretes used on the highways, especially the older ones where seashells were crushed and added to the mix. Most of our older coastal highways are very loud surfaces even with car tires. I know when I have driven in northern states, their roads tend to have a much smoother finish and therefor are much quieter to drive on. Then again, northern climates have frost issues, so their roads have lots of potholes and bumps so is it really worth the trade off?     ::)

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 07:46:44 PM »
NO!

I think Baghdad has smoother roads than some of ours.

Jayzuki

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 08:42:47 PM »
I think COOPER has really boosted their off-road line-up! They're advertising in almost every Magazine I ve read lately. I am sure they make a good product.